Thursday, February 29, 2024

Army uncovers 40 wells where oil thieves 'fetch'

 By Dennis Naku

The war against illegal oil bunkering and oil theft received a huge boost on wednesday as troops of the 6 division, Nigerian Army, Port Harcourt uncovered over 40 dugout crude oil wells in Rumuekpe community, Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State.

the troops uncovered the site during a sweep-and-dear operation on the trans Niger Delta pipeline.

100 Ogun residents benefit from free surgeries

 Bankole Taiwo

No fewer than 100 people have so far benefited from the ongoing free surgical intervention  programme intitiated by the Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun.

the programme started on monday with the registration of patients, while surgical procedures, according to a statement on wednesday, are taking place across the six state hospitals and the 40 general hospitals across the state.


ASUU laments payment of same salary to members for 15 years

 By Ikenna Obianeri

owerri, Anambera state zone of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, has lamented what it described as payment of same salary to it members for the past 15 years, just as it also expressed concerns that the union's engagements with both Federal and various state governments on how to reposition public Universities  for national development, sequel to the FGN-ASUU Agreement of 2009, have jettisoned by the parties involved.

I take full responsibility, Nigeria will recovered -Tinubu

 president bola Tinubu, on Wednesday , appealed for patience from Nigerians over the current economic hardship in the country, giving the assurance that the there was light at the end of the tunnel

The president said he was fully aware and took responsibility for the difficulties Nigerians had been subjected to on account of government policies.

 He said he would not complain but welcome all criticisms since he was the one who asked to be Nigeria's president. 

SIM-NIN linkage: NCC rules out extension,telcos bar 12 million lines

 The Nigerian communications commission has ruled out an extension of the February 28, 2024 deadline for the linkage of subscriber identity modules cards to national identification number 

As a result, telecommunication companies  have been directed to bar  12 million lines which have not been linked to the owner's NINs after the expiration of the deadline 

The director of Public Affairs, NCC, Reuben Mouka, confirmed the development to the PUNCH on Wednesday.

Reaffirming the NCC's stance , Mouka stated, "we already issued a public notice in this regard and all the information . If there was an extension, NCC would have communicated that. But as far as i know there is no extension ".

Army uncovers 40 wells where oil thieves 'fetch'

 By Dennis Naku The war against illegal oil bunkering and oil theft received a huge boost on wednesday as troops of the 6 division, Nigerian...